(Black PR Wire) One of the nation’s most respected diversity ranking news organizations, “Diverse: Issues in Higher Education,” has published its annual list of the top bachelor’s and doctoral degree granting institutions in the nation.
Florida A&M University (FAMU) was ranked by the publication as the No.1 historically Black college or university (HBCU) for producing African-American bachelor’s degree and the No. 4 overall institution in the nation for producing African-American bachelor’s degrees.
The University was also ranked the No. 2 institution in the nation among all universities for producing the most African-American professional doctoral degrees. “Diverse” also lists FAMU as the overall No. 19 institution for granting professional doctoral degrees for minorities among all of the nation’s universities.
The rankings were developed from data from the U.S. Department of Education’s National Center for Education Statistics.
In 2016 and 2017, FAMU received top rankings from publications and organizations around the country. They include:
- No. 1 Public HBCU in the Nation (U.S. News & World Report)
- No. 2 Best Value College in Florida (SmartAsset)
- One of “America’s Top Colleges” (Forbes Magazine)
- No. 4 Top Affordable College in Florida (College Choice)
- A National Top College for Diversity & Inclusion (Latino Leaders Magazine)
- A Top School in the South for Student Engagement (WSJ/Times Higher Ed)
- Nationally Recognized for Online Excellence (Affordable College Online)
- A Top HBCU for College Scholarships (GoodCall)
- Nationally-Ranked Military-Friendly School (GI Jobs)