Ben Wakana, email@example.com
Winning idea will receive scholarship funding from Forbright Bank Students will hear from experts at the Department of Energy, Johns Hopkins, GRID Alternatives, and more
(Black PR Wire) CHEVY CHASE, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- From July 10-14, the Black Student Fund and Forbright Bank will host the first-ever Sustainable Solutions Summit, a weeklong event where high school students from the Washington, DC area will collaborate with leading sustainability experts to write and present business plans to help solve local environmental issues.
The event, at the Marriott Courtyard Bethesda, will bring together students and leading environmental experts to discuss the latest research and give students the opportunity to build their own sustainable business ideas. Winning ideas will receive scholarship funding and develop connections to help them throughout their career.
WHAT: Sustainable Solutions Summit – a weeklong event focused on high-school students building business ideas to address local environmental issues.
WHEN: July 10-14, 2023
WHERE: Marriott Courtyard Bethesda
5520 Wisconsin Avenue
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Walking Distance from Friendship Heights Metro Station
- US Department of Energy, Liz Perera, Senior Consultant for the DOE Loan Programs Office
- DC Department of Energy and Environment, Alfred Carr and Kane Samuels
- GRID Alternatives Mid-Atlantic, Elijah Perry
- Montgomery County Department of Environmental Protection, Sharon D’Emidio
- Potomac Riverkeeper Network, Betsy Nicholas and Brent Walls
- One Montgomery Green, Wendy Howard
- River-Sea Chocolates, Mariano D'Aguiar
- Bascom Waste Management & Recycling Service, Damian Bascom
- Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, speaker forthcoming
- Black Student Fund
- Forbright Bank
MEDIA RSVP: Media interested in attending are asked to RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Forbright Bank:
Forbright Bank (www.forbrightbank.com), Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender, is a full-service bank taking action to decarbonize the economy. Headquartered in Chevy Chase, Maryland, Forbright is committed to accelerating the transition to a sustainable, clean energy economy by financing the companies, investors, and innovators driving that change.
About Black Student Fund:
The Black Student Fund (BSF) provides essential advocacy, academic and retention support to academically motivated African American and other underserved students to facilitate their access, admission and successful matriculation and graduation from member schools. For more information, visit www.blackstudentfund.org.
Source: Forbright Bank