Legacy magazine, Miami
(BLACK PR WIRE) – June 6th, 2011 Miami, FL – For the sixth year, Legacy magazine has chosen an elite group of individuals for its 40 Under 40 Leaders of Today and Tomorrow distinction. These honorees were first nominated by their peers then carefully selected by a distinguished and highly professional Selection Committee comprised of past 40 Under 40 alumni.
This year’s stellar group is diverse as they are impressive. They range from; a young physician, a CFO, a pharmacist, a marine biologist, a television host, a clothing designer, to the founder of a not for profit who makes a difference in the lives of inner-city youth. This is just a sampling of the 40 impressive honorees in this year’s group.
“This is an incredible honor to be recognized by your peers for excellence in your craft. These days being a stellar professional is not only about being talented but it’s about the synergies of sharing talents with a community of professionals so we can change the world and make it better place for all mankind” wrote Letoya Stairs, Integrated Marketing Specialist, upon receipt of her congratulatory letter.
Henry Petithomme, President/CEO - Youth Power Movement states, “Being recognized as one of the 2011 Top 40 Under 40 Leaders of Today & Tomorrow in South Florida 40 means that I am being recognized by my peers for my talents and abilities. I look forward to taking my leadership skills to the next level.”
"It is an absolute honor to be named as one of South Florida's "40 Leaders of Today & Tomorrow." I am humbled to be in the company of a cohort of multi-dimensional leaders forging ahead dedicated to the livelihood and success of the community." Added Kelliann M. McDonald, Marketing & PR Strategist.
Legacy, will be published on Monday June 20th, 2011 and will be distributed in the Business Monday section of The Miami Herald. Over 150,000 copies will be circulated throughout South Florida.
On Friday June 24, 2011, Legacy magazine will host a luncheon in honor of this year’s 40 Under 40 Leaders of Today and Tomorrow. This will take place at Morton’s Steakhouse, North Miami from 12 noon to 3pm. The cost will be $75 per guest.
Legacy magazine congratulates the following honorees for being selected South Florida’s 40 Under 40 Leaders of Today and Tomorrow for 2011:
• Lia Ames (26), General Manager Club Play, Miami Beach
• Matthew Beatty (27), Communications Director for Sonshine Communications
• Kelli Blake (32), Education Programs Coordinator for Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden
• Leontyne Brown (35), Founder & CEO of salt513
• Ricardo Chin (36), Assistant Vice-President and Manager of JGB Bank, Biscayne Branch
• Trishauna Clarke (23), Model, Actress and Singer
• Najee A. Coverson (24), Project Manager for the Carlisle Development Group
• Blythe Edwards (33), Senior Vice President with the Gencom Group
• Fabiola Fleuranvil (29), Entrepreneur and Marketing Strategist
• Nicole Gates (37), Promotions Director for 101.5 LITE FM
• James Green (37), Director of the Palm Beach County Community Action Program
• Michael Hall (32), Managing Partner and Co-Founder of MediumFour LLC
• Cheryl Haywood (37) Educator
• Andre Hepkins (37), Reporter and Anchor for WSVN, Miami
• Jouvens Jean (30), Executive Chef of SAWA Restaurant in Coral Gables
• Delilah Johnson (29), Clothing Designer
• Dr. Margaretta L. Kearson (38), Clinical Pharmacy Manager , Memorial Regional Hospital
• Michelle Madison (30), Creator and co-host of The A.M. Show, TeleAmerica Broadcasting Network
• Harold Eugene Mathis, Jr. (38), Vice Mayor of the Village of El Portal Florida
• Kelliann M. McDonald, (27), Marketing & PR Manager for South Florida commercial real estate advisory firm Terranova
• Ionnie McNeill (22) Howard University Student also known as “The Baby Billionaire”
• Skye McSweeney (29), Major Account Manager for CopySource Inc.
• Kevin V. Michael (25), Co-founder and Managing Partner of Invizio
• Rochelle Mukiza-Gapere (30), Attorney Advisor with the Federal Government and is co-owner of Social Esquire, a boutique marketing company
• Miguel Murphy (29), Assistant Supervisor of Admissions and Registration at Miami Dade College, North Campus
• Saliha Nelson (38), Vice President of URGENT Inc.
• April Patterson, D. D. S. (29) Dentist
• Henry Petithomme (36), CEO & Founder of the Youth Power Movement
• Max Pierre (36), CEO of Gorillas Lifestyle Marketing
• Danika Russell (21), Student, and President of the Florida Caribbean Students Association
• Eurica Sadler (37), Chief Financial Officer, Molina Healthcare of Florida
• Grasford Smith (29), Attorney with Richman Greer
• LeToya Stairs (27), Integrated Marketing Specialist
• Damien Thomas (37), Founding Partner of Wasserman & Thomas, P.A.
• Tarah Timothee (35), Owner of LoveJonesMaternity.com.
• Daniell 'Danni' Washington (24), Co-Founder the Big Blue & You Foundation
• Jay Wray (36), President & CEO of LYFE Management Group
• Ghenete Wright Muir (38), Attorney and Community Leader
• Raquel Wright (29), Assistant Director for Career Development & Management at Florida International University
For more information on Legacy magazine and its honorees, please contact Darrell Canty at (646) 460-0715.
About Legacy magazine:
Established in 2004, Legacy (www.ssfla.com) through a distribution partnership with the Miami Herald has a tri-county readership of 156,613 – (September, 2010 Miami Herald Publisher’s Statement) and publishes bi-monthly. Legacy is a news/business publication serving South Florida’s black professional community with insightful articles and information on business, careers, politics, lifestyle, culture and social commentary.