Chelsye J. Burrows
- Keshia Knight Pulliam and her Kamp Kizzy Foundation and Chris "Ludacris" Bridges and The Ludacris Foundation Among Those Featured "¢ Production on ASPiRE's 5th Original Series Underway in Atlanta, with Premiere Set for Wednesday, September 24th -
(BLACK PR WIRE) – ATLANTA – September 10, 2014 -- ASPiRE, the television network that celebrates the groundbreaking achievements of African-Americans, will premiere its fifth original series, "Changemakers" on Wednesday, Sept. 24 at 8 p.m. EDT. Currently in production in Atlanta, the half-hour reality series will spotlight African-American celebrities – such as Keshia Knight Pulliam and Chris “Ludacris” Bridges – who are making a difference and reveal how and why they use their success to help others to be their best selves. The six-episode series is executive produced by Swirl Films and Black Celebrity Giving’s Jasmine Crowe.
"‘Changemakers’ is a groundbreaking reality series that focuses on celebrities who are changing the game in their communities by doing extraordinary things,” said Paul Butler, general manager, ASPiRE. “This series is a perfect example of the kind of positive programming that makes ASPiRE a unique network. We are committed to telling stories that otherwise go untold. ‘Changemakers’ features the exceptional work of many celebrities who are giving back to the community. We are pleased to shine a spotlight on some of these generous acts."
“Changemakers” will debut as follows:
Changemakers: Keshia Knight Pulliam – Wednesday, September 24, 2014 – 8:00 p.m. EDT
• The Kamp Kizzy Foundation (kampkizzy.org) established by actress Keshia Knight Pulliam (The Love Letter, “House of Payne,” “The Cosby Show”) seeks to work with young people ages 11-16 from various socioeconomic backgrounds, races, religions and geographic locations to provide a holistic approach to self-esteem, empowerment and motivation. With the theme “dare to dream big, think big and accomplish big,” the mission of the Foundation is to provide a loving environment for youth to learn and grow into individual awareness and the discovery of their own personal power.
Changemakers: Ludacris – Wednesday, September 24, 2014 – 8:30 p.m. EDT
• The Ludacris Foundation (@LudacrisFdtn), founded by multi-platinum selling GrammyÂ®-Award winning artist and actor Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, is featured. Since 2001, the Foundation has been inspiring youth through education and memorable experiences to live their dreams with programs such as Leadership and Education, LudaCares, Living Healthy and Going Green.
Additional episodes will be announced.
ASPiRE presents “Changemakers,” a Swirl Films production. Starring Keshia Knight Pulliam and Ludacris. Directed by Ryan Richmond. Executive Produced by Jasmine Crowe. Produced by Eric Tomosunas, Mimi Adams, Kara Lewis and Keith Neal. Editor is Shannon Settlemyre, Mimi Adams and Danet Wyatt.
Follow the series, talent from the show and their charities at:
• Keshia Knight Pulliam on Twitter @peachespulliam and @kampkizzy
• Chris “Ludacris” Bridges on Twitter @Ludacris_5 and @LudacrisFdtn
ASPiRE is a television network that celebrates the groundbreaking achievements of African-Americans. ASPiRE offers a diverse programming mix of movies, series and specials featuring music, comedy, drama, faith/inspiration, theater/performing arts, lifestyle and news/information. The network was launched June 27, 2012 by Magic Johnson Enterprises, which acts as a catalyst for driving unparalleled business results for its partners and fosters community/economic empowerment by making available high-quality entertainment, products and services that answer the demands of ethnically diverse urban communities. ASPiRE is available in about 20.6 million homes in 21 of the top 25 African-American markets including New York City, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Chicago and Washington, D.C.. For more information, visit www.aspire.tv, facebook.com/aspireTV and on Twitter @tvASPiRE.
About Magic Johnson Enterprises
Magic Johnson Enterprises acts as a catalyst for driving unparalleled business results for its partners and fosters community/economic empowerment by making available high-quality entertainment, products and services that answer the demands of ethnically diverse urban communities. For more information, visit http://magicjohnson.com/enterprises.
About Swirl Films
Swirl Films (www.swirlfilms.com), America’s “number one urban film production company,” focuses on independent features and multi-camera productions. Recent films include 2012 ABFF Best Narrative Feature, Best Actress and Best Director winner The Under Shepherd, 35 & Ticking and Percentage, with Flavor Unit Production (Queen Latifah & Shakim Compere). Swirl Films is a major content provider for UP. Most recently, Swirl Films produced Marry Me For Christmas, starring Malinda Williams and Brad James, and The Perfect Summer, starring Eric Roberts, Sydney Penny and Jason Castro in his TV acting debut. In addition, hit programming includes She’s Still Not Our Sister, Sugar Mommas, and the Wedding Vow series. Additional original productions include: Love For Sale and Something Like A Business, starring Kevin Hart, Clifton Powell and Kym Whitley.
About Black Celebrity Giving
Black Celebrity Giving (BCG, Blackcelebritygiving.com) was created by Jasmine Crowe in 2011. The idea for the site came from the vivid awareness of a lack of media coverage of not only black celebrities, but also black people doing positive things to impact our communities. Jasmine has always enjoyed volunteer work and has aligned with causes that include: girls, mentoring, going green, literacy, childhood obesity, cancer research, high school dropout prevention and countless other causes close to her heart. Jasmine is actively involved in fostering social change through her nonprofit consulting services and speaking engagements. Her number one goal for BCG is to remain committed to providing conscious content and making sure BCG plays its role in changing the world.