Scholarship closes on March 31, 2022
(Black PR Wire) FPL is committed to supporting our communities to help make them better places to live, work and raise a family. One way we do this is by supporting education programs that enrich students’ experiences, as it relates to science and math programs, and which many times help break down barriers to opportunity. This new scholarship will help further our state’s future leaders as they pursue a higher education
As part of our commitment to STEM education, FPL will award 10 graduating high school seniors who have at least one year of experience in SECME with a scholarship up to $20,000. The reward will be $5,000 per year, renewable for up to three years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first.
Applicants to The NextEra Energy Scholarship Award for Black Students in SECME must:
- Identify as Black or African American.
- Be a high school senior who has been in a SECME program in one of the following Florida counties: Brevard, Broward, Escambia, Flagler, Hendry, Manatee, Miami Dade, Palm Beach, Seminole or Volusia.
- Have at least one year of involvement in SECME program in high school by the end of senior year.
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university for the entire upcoming academic year.
- Have a minimum unweighted grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
The Scholarship opened on Dec. 15, 2021, and closes on March 31, 2022.
To apply, please visit FPL.com/education
# # #
Media Note: SECME is the Southeastern Consortium for Minorities in Engineering