(Black PR Wire) MIAMI, Fla.- Summer is in full swing, bringing a time to relax and cool off by the pool, enjoy outdoor activities or perhaps a summer trip. With all summer's fun activities, your smile may not be your number one priority. With this in mind, Phanord & Associates, P.A. is sharing some tips for maintaining your oral health during this season of outdoor adventures and sunny smiles.
- Stay Hydrated: Drinking plenty of water not only keeps you cool but also helps you clean your mouth. With each sip, water washes away leftover food and residue, helping reduce the risk of tooth decay and gum problems.
- Protect Your Smile: Shield your teeth from potential damage during outdoor activities by wearing a mouthguard when participating in sports or recreational pursuits.
- Limit Sugary Treats: As the temperature rises, it's easy to increase the consumption of ice cream and the intake of sugary drinks. Sugary foods cause plaque buildup, leading to cavities and tooth decay. Healthy snacks are a better option for the teeth and the rest of the body.
- Maintain Oral Hygiene Routine: Don't take a vacation from your oral hygiene routine! Brush twice a day, floss daily, and use mouthwash to keep your smile bright and healthy.
- Schedule a Dental Check-up: Use the summer break as an opportunity to schedule a comprehensive dental check-up and cleaning to address any oral health concerns before they arise or worsen.
"While it's easy to forget about our teeth during the summer months, it's important to stay vigilant about maintaining good dental habits," said Dr. Kevin Phanord. "Prevention is the best way to protect your smile. We encourage everyone to stay on top of their oral health this summer," added Dr. Kyle Phanord.
Don't let summer fun take a toll on your dental health. Take care of your smile and make an appointment at Phanord and Associates, P.A., by calling 305-685-7863.
Phanord & Associates, P.A. is a leading black-owned family dental practice that has been serving the community for over 30 years. The leading dental practitioner, Dr. Roger Phanord, is a University of Florida College of Dentistry doctoral graduate. In recent years, the addition of the twin sons, Drs. Kyle and Kevin Phanord, to the dental team, have brought a new level of energy and expertise to the practice. The practice welcomes patients of all backgrounds and offers a range of services, including general, cosmetic dentistry and oral and maxillofacial surgery. With multilingual staff fluent in Spanish, Creole, and French, they strive to meet and exceed all dental needs. Phanord & Associates P.A. is located at 1245 NW 119th Street in North Miami, Florida. For more information, visit www.phanord.com or call 305-685-7863. To connect with Drs. Kevin and Kyle Phanord, be sure to follow them on their Tik Tok @DentistDuo. In addition, to stay connected with news and information about their dental practice, follow Phanord & Associates, P.A. on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @Phanorddental.
# # #